You see, last week, Mr. Guy was in ICU...now he is embracing each day with glimpses of hope celebrating his life!
As we sat there together, mr. Guy and Memama jumped to the opportunity to offer "grandparent words of wisdom!" They shared the joys of deep love. What young love means and how important deep love is. Mr. Guy shared him and Memama have deep love - the kind of love that would do anything for each other - the kind of love that can overcome obstacles and become stronger for it - the kind of love that holds hands at the dinner table - the kind of love that makes sacrifices for each other. Mr. Guy said that young love is beautiful, its passionate, its romantic, its real...and young love turns into deep love as you grow old together and journey through life together. At my bridal luncheon on the Saturday of our wedding day, I looked at my girlfriend Danielle and told her I hope Robert and I shine with the deep love that her and her husband James have! As Robert and I approach one year of marriage I can honestly say i have fallen more and more in love with him as the months and a year has passed! From our grandparents: Mr. Guy, Memama, Grammie, Bamma, Sara, and Papa - to our parents, our friends near and far---Robert and I are truly surrounded by deep love, by God's deep love, and our deep love for each other! I am so thankful for the other night listening to Memama and Mr. Guy reflect on love. Love is a beautiful gift - a gift we give each other. A gift we are called to share with all people. This day may we remind those around us how much we love them! May we be the change we wish the world to see! (thank you Mahatma Gandhi for your words of wisdom!):)
Pictured upbove - our grandfather: Mr. Guy and our grandfather and grandmother: Papa and Sara!!!
Pictured below - our grandmothers: Bamma, Memama, and Grammie!!
No comments:
Post a Comment