Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Just call me "Bumper Girl"

Confession: I have never been in a "wreck" until March 2010. NOT only one wreck BUT TWO!
So about three weeks ago, I made a big mistake...I ran a red light. No, I wasn't texting, but yes I could have been paying more attention..obviously! Through the "wreck experience", I met some incredible people! Robert and I found a body shop after much research. When I walked in the chosen body shop, they welcomed me and were quite hospitable! I was impressed; nevertheless I wrote them a thank you note the minute I got home! My car was in their care for three weeks. I was speechless when I picked it up! All the dents, scrathes, and wreck damage were in the past! It felt good to have my SUV back! BUT WAIT! Only 24 hours later, I had the priviledge of meeting another friend! This friend, well he was two cars behind me and decided not to stop! I mean, I couldn't be a hypocrite! So I shook his hand, said no worries, and we were instant friends! My car awaits another go around at the body shop!
Being in a wreck is nothing close to fun. I admit I am a very very nervous driver now. 10 and 2. eyes forward. foot ready to break. The noise of my wrecks were the worst. I hated that sound of collison.
On a postive note, being in a wreck reminds me that i am not invincible. Each of us are precious, each person on the road is taking a risk. I am blessed no one was hurt in either of the wrecks i have endured these past three weeks. Many times I day dream while driving, sing loud to the radio, chat on the phone with a friend...however, am i recognizing that in an instant I could harm another or another harm me? We have to be careful. We can't take priviledges for granted. With priviledge comes responsibility. I AM SOUNDING LIKE MY PARENTS when I just started driving! I guess it is good to be reminded!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you are okay! Sorry you've been through so much lately. Happy Anniversary - you are amazing, Neeley!!

    ReplyDelete