Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I'm a BIG SISTER!

Yes on the day Maggie and Robbie were born I proudly showed off my "I'm the big sister"  shirt matching my little sister, Elizabeth! I have never stopped wearing that shirt (not literally!)! It is an honor to be a big sister! Don't get me wrong, at times I have dreamed of being the baby of the family, but i have to say I love and enjoy being the big sister of three beautiful young ladies! Back in the day of playing house, building forts, playing truth or dare, wow i was one bossy big sis!! Now my bossy like nature that overtook me as an eleven year old has turned into a motherly sister! I love my sisters so much I don't want anything bad or wrong to happen to them...but how am I doing them any good protecting them! It is such a joy watching them become who God is creating them to be! Bubba use to dance around the house naked and bounce off the walls as a little girl! The twins use to steal clothes out of my closet and try to dress like me! Now, Bubba dances to the tune of helping young children learn how to dance and the twins...well they wouldn't be caught dead wearing my "grandma" clothes as they say...my little fashion divas!! I am one proud big sister! I worry about the twins at school, i worry about all three of them with boys, I worry about people hurting their feelings...i constantly worry! However, I also pray! I pray that God is always with Elizabeth, Maggie, and Robbie! I pray that God continues to show them love and grace! I pray for them today and tomorrow! The best gift my sisters have given me would be loving Robert! On the night of our rehearsal dinnner they affirmed their love for Robert with the most beautiful of words and the tender love of their tears!

I cherish the days we played basketball in the driveway; the days we played "our version" of kickball in the front yard; the days we played school; the days we ate around the dinner table and hid our carrots; the days we lined up for mom and dad to dry our hair as we watched Seventh Heaven; the days we all cheered on the sidelines for Lumpkin County; the days I traveled home from PC to see my sisters in all of their activies; the days we cuddle in the bed and catch up; the days we spend on the beach at Litchfield; the days we dance; the days we have now; and the days to come! I'm a BIG SISTER! Whenever anyone has ever asked me what I want to make sure I do in life, besides now adding I want to be a good wife to Robert and soon one day a mother, I say I want to be a good big sister! Thanks be to God for the gift of my little sisters! I love you Bubs, Mags, and Robs!

1 comment:

  1. So funny to know you used to dream about being the little sister - as the baby sis I always wanted to be the big sis in charge! You are a role model for big sisters everywhere.

    ReplyDelete