As I took my seat in seminary class the other dayI was invited by the professor to introduce myself and offer a model for leadership I had been exposed to. You see my class is about minister as public leader. The first model of leadership that came to mind was the leadership that was modeled to me by my parents - shared leadership. Hierarchical leadership is something that my generation strives to dissolve as we recognize the beauty it is to be in mutual respected leadership opportunities embracing a shared leadership model. That being said, I watched as my mom wasn't the "stereotypical mom of the black and white television shows"-- her and dad both made decisions for our family. They share household responsibilities and both answer their calls to their vocations. I then shared the understanding of servant leadership - that of Christ. Where God became human flesh to dwell among us. To live in servant partnership with people just like you and me. Servant Partnership. On my very first mothers day, I found myself thanking God for the great joy of being Kately's mommy but not just her mommy but being her mommy sharing in the joy with her daddy! My first mother's day was beautiful! Robert even got crafty! My prayer is that Robert and I continue in servant partnership as we raise our little girl!!! Enjoy the pics and as you do, reflect on what models of leadership you have been exposed to and what model of leadership you strive to uphold in your faith walk, your family, and in your vocation!
No comments:
Post a Comment