Tuesday, February 26, 2013

5 Senses

I have always said one of my biggest fears is losing the sense of hearing. I want to always be able to hear the voices of my love ones, to recognize the laughs of those closest to me. When Mr. Guy passed away I would practice hearing his voice. Uncle Alfred's too. The sense of smell is a sense that I try not to take for granted either. The Pelican Perch has a scent - perhaps its the smell of sunscreen or boiled peanuts! Papa has a scent  - he just smells like Papa! Grammie has a scent and so does Memama! I have noticed my mom's scent more than ever because perhaps I long to smell it when I want her closer by! Robert - well he goes back and forth from smelling handsome to smelling like wet grass!!! and Kately - her scent is still inthe making - I hope she will outgrow the poop smell!!! But yes her baby smell is a scent I long for on a long day at work. I cherish scents. Sight. Sight, the gift of seeing, is one I need to take more seriously in recognizing the beauty of the gift of eyes. To look into Kately's eyes, to watch her grow. To look through pictures, To watch God's creation unfold before me! One day I found myself reflecting on why I take so many pictures when someone was somewhat making fun of me for how many pictures I post on facebook. Why do I spend time behind the lens taking snapshot after snapshot...so I don't forget. So one day, I can recall, remember, and see my story of life with my family, with Robert, with Kately, and with our Bailey unfold. Bailey. Tomorrow he will have an eye removed. He is at risk of going blind and it really scares me. Bailey is a part of our family! He was my protector in Hartsville, he was my judge of Robert when he enter our lives, he has kept me safe many nights at home alone, he is Kately's big brother, he is the warmth I feel at my toes each morning. He always greets me at the door wagging!! Bailey is a part of our family. I pray he will be okay tomorrow. I pray he won't be in pain. I pray that he will not lose sight in his other eye too quickly because I know, I know deep down he loves watching Kately, he loves cuddling with Robert to watch espn, he loves to watch Robert grill outside, he loves to watch me load the car in the mornings, he loves to watch us at the dinner table. God, thank you for our Bailey.
And now a look at Bailey! From the night I brought him home, holidays, beach trips, hartsville, charlotte, Bubba's engaged, youre going to be a big brother, loving on kately, to just laying around! I love you, Bailey!
























No comments:

Post a Comment